As most of you know, I lived in Boston for about a year, leaving in early 2013. Once I decided I would be leaving the city, I began working to complete a Boston Bucket List. Recently, I was able to make a trip back to Boston to complete a few more items on my list. Attending a World Series victory is likely on every baseball fan’s bucket list; when I began working at Fenway Park, I became ‘one of God’s most pathetic creatures- a Red Sox Fan.’ I was fortunate enough to witness the Red Sox win the 2013 World Series in Game 6. In addition, I was able to observe a few more items on my list. I had never toured the USS Constitution nor had I seen Bunker Hill in the daylight! Spending time adventuring around my city once again; it felt as if I had never left. I had the pleasure of spending some amazing quality time with old friends, eating succulent food (sushi, Italian, and Korean), and staying in a historic hotel built in the 1800’s!
Above is the historic Boston Hotel Buckminster, built in 1897. The corner hotel is the center stage for Kenmore Square and located only a block from Fenway Park.
Boston’s North End
I ❤ Bova's! How can you go wrong with a 24 hour bakery of Italian goodness?
Kenmore Square and Fenway Park
- World Series 2013 (cundiffcreative.com)
- (Photos) MLB: The Boston Red Sox Win The 2013 World Series!!!! (getmybuzzup.com)
- Home at last: Red Sox hope to win title at Fenway (bigstory.ap.org)
- Band of bearded brothers leads Red Sox to Series (bigstory.ap.org)
- Red Sox are 2013 World Series Champions!!!! (bostonwins.wordpress.com)
- Red Sox honor marathon bombing victims (thasportsjunkies101.wordpress.com)
- Watch the Red Sox World Series Parade Live Stream (Video) (nesn.com)
3 thoughts on “My City: Boston”
This is some seriously excellent photography!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the post!
This is my first visit here to your beautiful blog. Boston still remains one of our favorite cities to visit. You portrayed it SO well!